Saturday, September 18, 2010

A day in Orlando

Orlando turned out to be pretty interesting.  It all started with the flight in from DC.... I must put off some kind of scent... cause there was a cougar after me! LOL!  this is the oldest one so far... def over 50. .... sorry no pic ;)  Anyway.... she offered to take me anywhere I wanted to go in Orlando... but I told her that my sister was picking me up.  (The picture to the left is me in front of a church of scientology.  I don't know why but I always run into them... and I take pics with them hoping that one day Tom Cruise is gonna run out and chase me down!)

Brook (my sister) and I drove to go and pick up her autistic son from a center where he stays at near the NASA station here in Florida.  He has autism and is very quiet but also very strong willed.  I haven't interacted with him much but today was frustrating and also a treat :)  It all started with Brook cutting his hair and he kept unplugging the clippers... it was funny cause he seemed to be doing it for a reaction and just cause he could.... that's my kind of pestering ;)  Also after awhile he was just tired of it and wanted it to be over so he kept unplugging.

We went to coco beach and played around in the water for awhile... then I laid out and fell asleep on my stomach so my back is really sunburnt right now.  Not too much excitement here... just a layover... spent some time with Brook... and now I am taking the 11:30 pm flight to Ponce puerto rico ..... I once again have no place to stay... we'll see how this goes!  The flight gets in at 2:30 A.M so it's a bit scary :)

One of the funniest things for me was finding out the Isaac (my autistic nephew) has OCD.  I never knew!  I asked Brook about it and she said that he had it.  I first noticed it because there were like 6 or 7 '5 Gallon' water containers and they were all in a line except for one.  He ran out of the building we were in and moved the 1 container back into order.  When we returned him to the center he kept running back into the car.  We thought its cause he didn't want to go back... we found out later he was eating my Kit-Kat bar.... grrrrrrr!  lol.... anyway... we could not get him to pose for a pic with brook until I found out that he loves his clothes folded and he folds them!  So I took a pair of his shorts... called his name... and then threw them on the ground.  He sprinted towards me picked them up quick and folded them and put them back into place.  That gave us enough time to lock the car doors. We then took him back into the center and headed towards the airport. :)

1 comment: