Friday, September 17, 2010

I can only call it "the trip"

A little background info for you all to see how this great journey all began.  Last spring a friend of mine named Scot asked me what I was doing for the summer.  He asked it in a way that meant he had something big coming my way... I just knew it.  So I said to him "Oh probably just going on some adventure your about to tell me about"  haha!  To which he replied "who told you?"  Anyway... long story short he asked me to be a tour guide/translator for a family that he knows.  I wont mention their name cause I learned something crazy ... if you travel the way we did... people in other countries may think you have money and it increases chances for kidnapping and ransoms. (for them... not me) Anyway, of course I agreed... the only thing better than a vacation is a free vacation am I right?  There obviously were some other reasons I wanted to go as well, and maybe I'll write about that trip later.
Well I have this buddy named Lucas who gets this crazy idea that we need to just go somewhere.  So we decide on Central America.  It was a crazy experience, unlike any kind of travel I had ever done, it was for two weeks, and it came two weeks before my trip/guide duty for Scot.  Like I said, maybe one day I'll get into those trips... they were life changing... haha... and I definitely caught the travel bug while I was in Central America, it only grew bigger going to New York right after.

After a month of vacationing I was thrown for a loop going from a very relaxed travel schedule to a very strict police academy schedule.  Yes me, the troublemaker, trying to be a cop.  See I wanted to be a full time firefighter but in order to do that for the city I was working for I had to be a full time cop as well.  Needless to say, I didn't take it as seriously as I should have if I really wanted to be a cop and I got kicked out!  Well when you work for a city and you throw away an opportunity they give you... it tends to not sit so well with the head honchos.... things were going down hill fast.  I was offered my old job back for a short period of time, but I turned it down and decided to travel the world.  Exciting huh?

I bought this amazing travel pass from JetBlue (Sept7-Oct6).  It's called an AYJC Pass (All You Can Jet).  It cost me $499.  The only restrictions are that I cannot travel on Friday or Sunday.  If you want to travel any day it costs $699.  So I said to myself, save the $200 and just stay an extra day wherever, travel on saturday or monday right?  The pass lets me fly anywhere JetBlue flies within the united states for free and if I leave the country I just have to pay the taxes.  So my flight to Puerto Rico is only $18 extra.  The only bummer is that they don't fly to Hawaii or Europe!  If you completely miss a flight $100 fine.  If you cancel or change a flight within 3 days of the flight its a $50 change/cancellation fee.

I missed my first flight home to see my mother for her birthday and to see my grandmothers viewing before her funeral.  What a bummer huh?  So officially my trip/journey started on sept 13, and it ends ???? when it ends. :D  The first stop was boston which I will talk about in my next post.  San Jose- To Boston :D

No comments:

Post a Comment